Thursday, September 22, 2011
Title: Blood and Light
Author: Rue Volley
Publisher: Vamptasy Publishing
ISBN: 978-1-908505-40-8Genre: Vampire, Fantasy, Humor
Rating: 5 Blood Drops
Reviewed by Amy Ramsey of Ramsey's Reviews


Enter into the world of 16 year-old Rue Volley, who up until one faithful night thought she was "normal" or as "normal" as she could be. But "normal" does not include being a vampire--a truth about herself that she will soon discover.


Rue Volley lives in the quiet little town of Calvary, Minnesota, nestled in the thick woods lining the Great Lakes. Rue, along with her brother Kai, have lived an otherwise calm life up until their mother was committed into Rolling River Asylum--after she mysteriously stopped speaking to anyone. Rue is convinced by her brother to attend a party on her birthday, and after she experiences something that she cannot explain, she and everyone in her world is thrown into madness. Join Rue on the epic journey, 6 books in all, as she struggles with grief, love, humor, old crushes, new-found infatuations, hot boys, AND vampires, lots and lots of them.


Blood and Light by Rue Volley is well worth the read. Rue Volley shows off her creative talent for world building, character development, and being consistent with her plot. Rue incorporates a fantastic sense of wittiness and true emotions within her characters. Once I started reading this story, I did not want to put it down. I wanted it to continue forever. Rue Volley you diffidently deserve a 5 star rating for this read and I want to know when you release upcoming books. Thank you Rue.

1 comments:

rue volley said...

Thank you so much:) I was doing a search on my books and came across this and so appreciate the review and kind words. The first 3 books are out on amazon.com in the kindle store and I actually have 9 books out now. You can search me on amazon in books and my page will come up. Anyway, since this review I have finished the series, 6 books in all and I am currently directing the commercial for the series that will air on the CW. Thanks again and please feel free to visit me at ruevolley.com for sneak peeks of the commercial and all kinds of fun. xoxo