Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Title: Now You See Me . . .
Author: Jane B. Mason & Sarah Hines Stephens
Publisher: Scholastic
ISBN: 978-0-545-21512-8.
Genre: YA Mystery / Paranormal
Pages: 159
Rating: 5
Reviewed by: Amy Ramsey of Ramsey's Reviews

Blurb on book: 
When best friends Abby and Lena find an old Polaroid camera at a thrift store, they can't wait to try it out. But strange images appear in the photos--including the troubled, dark face of a boy they've never seen before.
  With each photo the boy gets a little clearer, and the girls get more spooked. Is he trying to hurt them? Does he need their help? One thing is certain: Abby and Lena need to get the picture--before it's too late.

I picked up this book at my daughter's school book fair last year. My plans were to read a higher level of books to her, something that we could both enjoy. But the more I looked at it, and read the back of the blurb, the more enticed I became--eventually I just had to sneak-a-peek. Let me tell you, I am glad I did. This book was extremely enjoyable to me and for a Young Adult, I believe they would be just as thrilled as I was to read this story. I love books with some mystery and paranormal aspects within--and this one is perfect. The author did a wonderful job on the characters, plot, and suspense, along with some humor. Definitely a book for your 9-12 year old to read. 

0 comments: