Sunday, August 1, 2010
Title:  Table for Three
Author:  Missy Martine
Publisher:  Siren Publishing
ISBN:  1-60601-548-6
Genre:  Erotic Romance, Ménage à trois, M/F/M
Reviewed by:  Nefertari

Rating:  5

Cass Abernathy moves to Oregon to claim an inheritance and start a new life.  Emotionally scarred from an abusive marriage, Cass is determined to embark on a new life, no longer having to hide from the threat of her abusive ex-husband or his family.  What she finds in Mountain Vista, Oregon is a would-be suitor with or without an ulterior motive, a pair of hunky twins who make it their mission to fulfill her every sexual desire, a mysterious inheritance, and a chance to find a second chance at love if she is brave enough to grab it…

There are a few things I can say about “Table for Three”, but first let me start off by saying this…I LOVED IT!!!  I approached this book with an open mind but was not sure if I was going to be sold on a love story between three people…Boy, was I wrong!  The descriptions of the characters’ backgrounds, personalities, strengths, and weaknesses made me fall in love with all of them.  The three main characters were twins Matt and David, and Cass, the lucky woman who was the center of these two strong, but vulnerable, men.  Now I am a twin, so I thought it might be kind of hard for me to see where twins could share a woman, and my not feel squeamish about it, but by the end of the book, I wanted these twins to find me and share me (but of course my twin would not be invited)!!!  It takes some serious writing skills to make it believable to the reader that not only were these two men meant to share the same woman, but to have the reader wanting these two men to share the same woman!  This leads me to the sex scenes which were SMOKIN’!!!  After the first scene where Cass, Matt, and David made love, I needed to smoke a cigarette…and I don’t even smoke!  The sex scenes were extremely well written.  They were very erotic, yet very romantic (insert a girlie sigh here from me!).  What I really loved about Missy Martine’s story was that it was so believable!  I wanted all three of them to end up together!  There was also some mystery and suspense thrown in…I don’t want to spoil the ending, but it added to the story so it was not just a “sex” story.  Readers will fall in love with Cass as they follow her journey from a wounded survivor of abuse to a woman who claims her sexuality and owns it!  My only gripe (and it is small) is there was a loose end for me with the ex-husband which makes me question is another book coming where he comes back to find her…this wasn’t made clear.  I will, and have, recommended this book already to friends!  This is a MUST READ!!!

0 comments: